If you are wondering what Rich Pins are and why they are important, this is the right post for you.
When you start using Pinterest, you are surrounded by pins. You can see them every day because they are the centerpiece of the platform. Everything is about pins.
Whether you are new to Pinterest or have your profile for a while, consider getting Rich Pins.
When you look at your smart feed, you can see how the pins differ from each other.
You can see pins that are long, square, bright-colored, with a title on it, only containing an image, dark,…and so on… I am sure you have seen so many different pins and by now you have decided which style you prefer when it comes to creating a pin.
But when it comes to the information you get from the pin, we will agree that it is better when you see more information there.
What is a Rich Pin?
A Rich Pin is the one that gives you more information about the pin. There is a difference between a “normal” pin and a Rich Pin, and they add extra details to your pins.
You can use it to provide more details about the content the pin is linked to.
Why Rich Pins are important?
They give you the possibility to use more keywords. And by using a rich pin description, you increase the chance of your pin being visible to a larger audience.
So do not underestimate the power of Rich Pins and enable them when you start using Pinterest.
It’s easy to do and you only have to do it once.
Types of Rich Pins
There are 4 types of Rich Pins.
Depending on what content you create on your web site, the corresponding Rich Pin will be enabled.
Where can I see them?
- As you scroll through your Pinterest smart feed, you will see pins that provide more information about the pin – the pin title, who pinned it, to which board it was pinned.
- On closeup – when you click on a pin, you will see extra details about the pin.
Description, the price, availability, website on Product Rich Pins.
Title, meta description, author, website, description on Article Rich Pins.
Title, description, ingredients, an author on Recipe Rich Pins.
How to enable Rich Pins?
This is an easy procedure to enable them. You can do it in less than 5 minutes, so let’s start now. Just follow the steps below.
1. Install and activate a free Yoast plugin. In your WordPress Dashboard click on Plugins – Add New – type “Yoast SEO” in the search box – Install – Activate.
2. In the WordPress Dashboard click on Yoast SEO – Social.
3. On the Facebook tab Enable Open Graph metadata.
4. Go to the Rich Pin Validator and insert the URL of one of your blog posts.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you insert the URL of the post and not the URL of the homepage!
5. Then you will see the message shown below. Click on Apply now.
6. And finally this is the message you will receive.
7. In your inbox (email address that is associated to your Pinterest account) you will receive an email that they approved your Rich Pin application.
Here you are.
Your Rich Pins are enabled, so your pins will show additional details about your content.
I hope this post helped you to get Rich Pins and that it was easy to do.
Feel free to leave a comment below and save this post on Pinterest if you liked it.